Since 1883, the Minneapolis Club has served as the region’s premier gathering place for business, civic and community leaders and has been the Twin Cities’ welcome mat for heads of state, U.S. presidents and industry icons. During that time, not a day has passed without a business decision reached, a new connection established, a cultural or charitable institution advanced, or a social occasion celebrated.
As a private organization, The Minneapolis Club is exclusive to those who are on their way as well as those who have already arrived – the business, civic and social leaders of today and tomorrow.
This is where they meet and retreat. While it provides all the resources for conducting business – meeting rooms, dining facilities, and a sophisticated business center – the Minneapolis Club is ultimately where relationships are started and strengthened…over high-energy lunch meetings…in quiet, cozy nooks…at exquisite holiday parties…or pool-side with the kids.
History permeates the Club, which has been visited by world leaders, including U.S. Presidents, Nelson Mandela, the Dalai Lama and leaders in virtually every field of endeavor. However, its foundation is built upon local leaders who are making a lasting impact on this community and often participating, national and international business, charities and other issues.
The Club provides a setting for discussion of vision and values in an atmosphere in which ideas can be shared and decisions made. Issues are addressed, civic forums held and social occasions celebrated – in a comfortable, well appointed ambiance in which members are assured of personal service and complete privacy.
Above all, the Club remains a distinguished, yet warm and welcoming place for members, their guests and families. It’s a place to advance their relationships and enjoy the small and the momentous events they will remember.
The Minneapolis Club was organized in 1883 and incorporated in 1885. Originally, it occupied the second floor of the Syndicate Block, then a newly erected building fronting on Nicollet Avenue and extending from Fifth to Sixth Street.
Outgrowing these quarters, the Club acquired the Rand Residence and property on the corner of Sixth Avenue South and Seventh Street, to which it moved in 1886. Here it remained for six years. When a clubhouse was built on the corner of Sixth Street and Marquette Avenue, then First Avenue South, the Minneapolis Club resided there from 1892 until 1908. The present Club building was completed and opened on November 1, 1908 and the annex built in 1911. Improvements and additions have since been made, including a multi-million dollar expansion and renovation completed in Spring 2002.